Things To Do in Rensselaer & North Greenbush, NY
If you’re moving to New York’s Capital Region, you might be looking for some fun things to do. We’ve compiled a list of our top 10 things to do during your visit. While you're visiting the area, be sure to stop by for a tour of our apartment community. With so many amenities and layouts to choose from, you'll want to call us "home" sooner rather than later!
- See a show at the Capital Repertory Theatre – This theatre has entertained the region for over 30 years by hosting musicals, dramatic performances, and plays. It is also a great resource for students who want to become educated in acting.
- Experience the Capital Region’s most exciting events at The Times Union Center – This popular arena hosts sporting events, concerts by famous musicians, and popular musicals.
- Visit the New York State Museum – Founded in 1836 as the New York State Geological and Natural History Survey, the New York State Museum is the nation’s oldest and largest state museum operated by the New York State Education Department’s Office of Cultural Education. Enjoy exhibits about New York state’s history before heading to the 4th floor to take a ride on the carousel!
- Spend a day or evening on The Captain J.P. Cruise Line – You can enjoy the impressive visuals of Upstate NY on The Captain J.P. Cruise Line’s gorgeous ship. In addition to taking its passengers on enjoyable trips, it also boasts music nights, comedy shows, and is a great place to hold a wedding.
- See a movie at one of the area’s popular theaters – There are three Regal Movie theaters in the area where you can enjoy the latest films. They are located in East Greenbush, Albany, and Colonie, NY.
- Take your kids to The Children’s Museum of Science and Technology – Do your kids love science or just have a natural curiosity about the world around them? If so, they’ll have a great time visiting this educational and recreational resource. Kids can enjoy workshops, summer and vacation day camps, and daily activities at the museum. Learn about space, magnets, the sky, exotic animal species and so much more!
- See a Show at the Palace Theatre – This local theatre is another great place to go for entertainment. It hosts musical events, stand-up comedians, and movie viewings. During the summer the Palace Theatre hosts free movies for kids!
- Watch a baseball game at Joseph L. Bruno Stadium – The Capital Region is a great place to live if you love baseball. If you want to enjoy America’s pastime, be sure to check out a Tri-City ValleyCats game here.
- Experience an Event at The Egg – The Egg hosts artistic work ranging from dance performances, music, arts-in-education and so much more! The iconic building is located in the Empire State Plaza and is a standout in the Albany skyline.
- Attend a concert at the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall – You can discover some of the best instrumental music events in the region at this venue. During the summer your kids can enjoy the Barker Park Kids’ Summer Series featuring carnivals, musical acts, story hours and more.
New York’s Capital Region has so much to offer. If you want a few more ideas about what to do, ask us during your apartment tour at Stonegate.