If you’re moving to New York’s Capital Region, you might be looking for some fun things to do. We’ve compiled a list of our top 10 things to do during your visit. While you're visiting the area, be sure to stop by for a tour of our apartment community. With so many amenities and layouts to choose from, you'll want to call us "home" sooner rather than later!
1. See a show at the Capital Repertory Theatre – This theatre has entertained the region for over 30 years by hosting musicals, dramatic performances, and plays. It is also a great resource for students who want to become educated in acting.
2. Experience the Capital Region’s most exciting events at The Times Union Center – This popular arena hosts sporting events, concerts by famous musicians, and popular musicals.
3. Visit the New York State Museum in Albany – Home to exhibits and resources for historical and scientific research, this is a great destination for anyone with a love for learning about the past of New York State.
4. Spend a day or evening on The Captain J.P. Cruise Line – You can enjoy the impressive visuals of Upstate NY on The Captain J.P. Cruise Line’s gorgeous ship. In addition to taking its passengers on enjoyable trips, it also boasts music nights, comedy shows, and is a great place to hold a wedding.
5. See a movie at one of the area’s popular theaters – There are three Regal Movie theaters in the area where you can enjoy the latest films. They are located in East Greenbush, Albany, and Colonie, NY.
6. Take your kids to The Children’s Museum of Science and Technology – Do your kids love science or just have a natural curiosity about the world around them? If so, they’ll have a great time visiting this educational and recreational resource.
7. Go to the Palace Theatre – This local theatre is another great place to go for entertainment. It hosts musical events, stand-up comedians, and movie viewings.
8. Watch a baseball game at Joseph L. Bruno Stadium – The Capital Region is a great place to live if you love baseball. If you want to enjoy America’s pastime, be sure to check out a Tri-City ValleyCats game here.
9. Enjoy an event at The Egg – Also known as the Center for the Performing Arts, this venue provides some of the best experiences there are in theater, music, film, comedy, and dance.
10. Attend a concert at the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall – You can discover some of the best instrumental music events in the region at this venue.
New York’s Capital Region has so much to offer. If you want a few more ideas about what to do, ask us during your apartment tour at Stonegate.