Schools in Rensselaer, NY and the Area Around It
If you’re considering making Stonegate a new home for your family, you’re probably interested in learning more about the schools in Rensselaer, NY. We’ve put together a guide to help you learn about the local K-12 opportunities and educational institutions in the area. Don’t hesitate to ask us any further questions when you go for a tour of our community
East Greenbush Central School District
1.) Bell Top Elementary School
– For over 100 years, this elementary school has been dedicated to helping individuals reach their full potential. They are focused on helping children become knowledgeable about Science, learn how to use Technology, improve their Artistic skills, learn how to grow their Musical talents, and help them become well-rounded individuals.
2.) Howard L. Goff Middle School
– This middle school offers students the ability to embrace a variety of academic pursuits that will help them reach new levels of achievement. The educational staff works to help students improve their skills and knowledge in the fields of Math, Foreign Languages, Science and more. Children with a love for Science will enjoy attending this school because they have a solar energy learning lab and very active recycling program that includes educational activities. Additionally, Goff Middle School offers accelerated courses for students who are gifted in Math and Science.
3.) Columbia High School
– Children can reach their full potential at Columbia High School. Students are afforded the ability to excel in English, Math, Science, Social Studies, Physical Education, Health, Music, Art, and Career and Technology education. The school is also ready to help students with Athletic talent grow with a variety of programs and its own athletic trainer.
4.) Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI)
– This well-respected institution is located in Troy, NY. People from all over the world attend RPI to become leaders in Architecture, Engineering, Business, Information Technology, Science, and much more. It also boasts an incredible Athletics program that includes basketball, cross country, football, hockey, soccer, and swimming.
5.) Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC)
– Popular across the Capital Region and Upstate NY, HVCC is ready to help students become skilled members of the work force with a variety of degrees and certificates in fields like Architectural Technology, Computer Aided Drafting, Computer Information Systems, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, and much more.