Spring is finally right around the corner, and cleaning supplies are popping up left and right, just like the flowers are about to. Spring cleaning – especially if you’re on your own for the first time – can be a daunting task. Don’t let that stop you – we’ve got the ultimate cheat sheet to getting your home spring-ready in no time at all!
- Gather the Troops: Determine what products you’ll need for your spring cleaning. A solid vacuum for rugs, a duster that can reach high for any ceiling fans or other fixtures that are up high, and gloves are always a good place to start. Also, don’t forget your glass cleaner, all-purpose cleaner, and disinfecting wipes – these will keep you going long after this cleaning sprint!
- Declutter: Before you start cleaning, it’s important to rid yourself of the items that are taking up space unnecessarily. Go through your closet and find items to donate or swap, toss out any expired cosmetics, and file away any errant papers taking up room on your nightstand. Not only will decluttering make your cleaning process easier, but it can also be a great start to get you in the mood to create a fresh start for the new season.
- One at a Time: Instead of trying to be everywhere at once, dedicate chunks of time to each room in your home. This doesn’t even have to be done all in one day or weekend – space it out as much as you need to so you can really make a difference in your home.
- Get It All: Spring cleaning is well-known for a reason. Take this opportunity to really get EVERYTHING in your home taken care of. Clean out the couch cushions, disinfect items like your remotes and phones, and get every nook and cranny of your home.
- Add Some Springtime Freshness: Once your house is sparkling clean, it’s time for a little reward! Update your home with a bright pop of color in the form of a new throw blanket, painting, or even a funky clock to put on the wall. You could even go out and buy some fresh flowers, or seeds to create your own mini-garden to start spring off right!
With these tips in mind, we hope you’ll enjoy the spring cleaning process in your home at Stonegate!