It’s the time of year when we’re knee-deep in holiday goodies, from cookie swaps to pot luck parties to egg nog in the evenings.
Here are 5 Tips For Exercising Indoors During the Winter:
- Move your muscles daily. Walk on the treadmill, lift weights, cycle on a stationary bike.
- Be sure to warm-up before actively exercising. Stretch all your muscle groups so you don’t start out cold.
- Drink plenty of water before and after exercising. Dehydration causes more muscle pain and strain.
- Plan ahead. Pencil in workout time in your day planner and treat it like an appointment you can’t skip.
- Enlist the help of a workout buddy. Pick a family member or friend and exercise together. Extra points for urging one another on!
The most important tip of all: Make sure you consult a physician before starting any new , strenuous exercise regimen.
May we make a suggestion for an early New Year’s resolution? Spend more time being active at Stonegate’s convenient fitness room in our Community Center!