Apartment Renters on The Rise: Why You Should Call Stonegate “Home.”
When you move into Stonegate, you’re joining a growing number of people across the country who opt for the convenience, flexibility, and value of apartment living.
Here Are Some Facts and Stats About the Benefits of Apartment Living:
· The number of apartment residents has nearly doubled in the last 25 years.
· Increasingly, apartment communities have become the extended neighborhood for singles and families.
· About 32 percent of households today are rented vs. owned, and the number of families renting is thriving. A full 43 percent are renting apartment units housing five or more people.
· Apartment communities use land more efficiently and help prevent sprawl. In cities where multi-family properties account for 30 percent to 50 percent of all housing, apartments use only 3 percent to 5 percent of the land.
· Individuals and families who can afford to buy a house choose to live in apartments. 1 in 10 apartment renters makes more than $50,000 annually.
· Singles and couples are 70 percent of apartment residents, which makes social interaction important to the new wave of residents.
· 30 percent of all apartments are home to people older than 50, and 18 percent of occupants are older than 65.
· Rent at apartment residences across the country has stayed within 1 to 2 percentage points of the consumer price index. Renting provides people with flexibility, as opposed to locking into the local housing market.