Stonegate’s ideal location in the heart of the Capital Region gives you and your family opportunities for an abundance of activities, from parks to theaters to community events.
Living in the thriving Town of North Greenbush, you’ll have easy access to its family-friendly environment.
Or, take a short drive to Albany, the state’s capital, and immerse yourselves in a wide variety of cultural and recreational offerings.
Here are 5 Suggestions for Family Outings in and around Stonegate:
• Music in the Park, Rensselaer, NY: Held seasonally at the Rensselaer Town Park, these weekly performances offer a wide variety of tunes for every member of your family, all within walking distance of Stonegate. Check out the town’s webpage for a calendar of events.
• New York State Museum, Albany, NY: This well-loved museum boasts exciting exhibits that change regularly, special events and educational programs. Take the kids and plan to spend the day at the museum. Take a look at the newest exhibits at the museum.
• Proctor’s Theater, Schenectady, NY: This open-stage historic theater features live performances from comedy to drama to musical guests, family films, and more. Just being inside the majestic theater is a treat in itself. Check out the theater’s website for a complete schedule here!
• Thacher Nature Center and Park, Voorheesville, NY: Offers four-season activities including hiking trails, cross-country skiing, playgrounds, picnic pavilions, and zip lines. See more.
• The Crossings, Colonie, NY: One of the Capital Regions newest and most popular recreational parks, there’s a huge variety of play equipment including an oversized sandbox. The park has bike paths, a fun maze, bathrooms, vending machines, tables with pavilions, and a duck pond. Find out more right here.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family to the Stonegate community!
5 Great Ways to Entertain the Family Near Stonegate
Stonegate Apartments - Wednesday, August 20, 2014